Rules and Regulations
Important Dates to Note:
- Application Deadline: Sunday, March 15th 2020
The registration fee for the competition is $30. All forms submitted after this date will result in a late penalty of $10.00. Please note that forms will not be accepted after Sunday, March 22 nd 2020.
- Competition Date: Sunday, April 26th 2020.
- Competition Time: Please see admission card.
- Competition Venue: Jean Vanier Catholic Secondary School
959 Midland Avenue, M1K 4G4
(Intersection: Midland & Eglinton)
- Awards Ceremony & Graduation : To be announced
Structure of Competition Paper:
- Please see attached chart for a brief description of the competition paper layout.
- Each question is valued at one mark
- Illegible answers are considered incorrect.
- Students are expected to be at the venue half an hour prior to the competition time to sign in. Admission card must be presented at this time.
- Students will start entering the competition room 30 minutes prior to the competition time. Competition room doors will close 15 minutes prior to the competition time and students will not be allowed to enter or leave the room after that point until the competition time is over.
- Competition details will be explained to the students once the doors are closed.
- Late comers will neither be allowed to write the competition paper at another time nor be given a refund. Competition fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Students are expected to bring 3
sharpened pencils, their abacus and bottled water into the room. All other
belongings are to be left outside with parents. Active Brain Centre staff
members are not responsible for any personal items.
Note: No erasers, no pens, no electronic devices, and no pencil cases allowed in the room.
- Active Brain Centre will not provide pencils or abacuses for any student.